Energy Auditor Position
Are you excited about finding sustainability solutions for buildings? Have you performed walk-through audits of commercial or government facilities to find energy and water efficiency opportunities? We have a supportive work environment and we seek a talented energy auditor who is not afraid of innovative energy and environment solutions for buildings. As an auditor you will get to perform site visits of different types of facilities ranging from small maintenance shops, comfort stations to large offices, data and medical centers. Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a building and doesn’t leave without finding energy and environment solutions that can make the building more efficient. Someone who is proficient with understanding building systems and making them better.
- A work environment that encourages independent thinking and creative solutions
- A team that includes economists and engineers that can support innovative energy and water conservation recommendations
- A variety of projects in different states and with different customer types
This job is part time and will be performed at different locations throughout the United States. You don't need to be located in Charlottesville, Virginia to do the work, but be willing to travel to the work sites.
What we need:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Experience conducting ASHRAE Level 1 and Level 2 energy audits
- Ability to develop charts/graphs using Microsoft Excel and energy audit reports in a short timeframe
- Flexibility to work both on-site and off-site
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the following would be a plus:
- Energy management and sustainability certifications such as Certified Energy Manager (CEM), LEED Accredited Professional (AP), etc.
- Benchmarking tools such as ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager (ESPM).
- Energy modeling software and analysis programs such as FEDS.
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) software such as BLCC.
- Energy Management Systems/Building Automation Systems (EMS/BAS).
If you are interested in this position, please contact us at email@example.com, with a resume and cover letter. We are expecting this work to start in the third/fourth quarter of calendar year 2023.